Life has altered significantly for everyone over the last year. Our normal routines have turned upside down. One thing that hasn’t changed is the impact of your support.
At a time when everyone’s anxiety has increased, our clients are living with minimal or no support networks and are relying more heavily on our services.
We at StreetVet are continuing to provide veterinary services and support to the people and pets who need us most. We have adapted our way of working by ensuring strict safety protocols are in place to protect our clients, patients, our staff and volunteers.
As we all continue to navigate through the pandemic, our volunteers have welcomed new clients in the majority of our locations. COVID-19 has had a devasting effect on people experiencing homelessness and their pets. We want to make sure that they can rely on us being there when they need us.
Need for our service and provision have increased and our veterinary costs have doubled and in some months tripled over lockdown.
We have set a target of £5000 to help cover some of our Lockdown 3.0 veterinary costs.
How to support us
Our supporters are part of the SV family, without your generosity we could not help all the pets and their owners that benefit from our services.
There are many ways to support StreetVet
- Fundraising: such a sponsored run, having a cake sale or having a local dog show!
- Volunteering: join one of our location teams either as a qualified vet or vet nurse, or as a support team member
- Donation: You can donate directly by a giving a single donation a setting up the regular giving option
- Leave a legacy: Should you wish you can leave a kind gift in your will as a legacy
- Social Media: Follow us on our social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
All your contributions will help to make a huge difference in providing medication, procedures, provisions and care for our clients pets.
How are your donations used
All your support and donations will help to provide the much needed care to the pets of people experiencing homelessness. This includes equipping our team with the kit they need, buying medications, paying for life saving operations, providing provisions such as food, toys and treats.
Our outreach volunteers work tirelessly to help where they are needed, sometimes to just be there for a chat with the owners and a fuss for their pet can be so important.